La Rocque Better Roof Inc’s mission is to provide the highest-quality workmanship possible. We succeed at this because of the integrity of our staff, our commitment to a solid work ethic, and our passion for staying current with the newest innovations of our industry, with consideration for the environment.
La Rocque Better Roofs, Inc., is a roofing construction business incorporated in California in 1984 by Guy La Rocque. Our staff and crew members bring years of experience in residential and commercial roofing and high-end renovations and additions.
Our employees have been chosen based on their ability and level of craftsmanship, as well as their personal qualities and values. We believe that having our own employees provides us with more immediate control over the direction and nature of the roofing construction process.
Our pride and personal involvement in the work we perform result in superior quality and service. This attitude is also directly reflected in our employees’ level of responsibility, professionalism and competency.
As a professional engaged in the business of providing roofing construction, we agree to conduct ourselves and business in accordance with the following Code of Ethics:
Duty to the Public
- I will be fair, honest, impartial, respectful and professional, and act in good faith in all my business relationships with my clients and the public, including employees, subcontractors and suppliers.
- I will always act in the interests of the client unless doing so violates a law, statute or this Code of Ethics.
- I will not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, familial status or handicap, and will comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning discrimination and fair housing.
- I will be truthful regarding my training, experience, qualifications and services.
- I will be truthful regarding my licenses and certifications, and will provide documentation upon request.
- I will be truthful regarding my bonding and insurance coverage.
- I will accept only assignments and projects for which my skills and licensing are commensurate.
- I will uphold and comply with all governing codes, government and municipal statutes and rules, and professional licensing requirements of the jurisdiction in which I conduct business, especially those related to safety.
- I will not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public, including providing or promoting any building materials, products or techniques that are known to me to be defective, substandard, or likely to cause harm. If such knowledge that is relevant to the project comes to my attention following contract execution and/or project commencement, I will take all necessary steps to notify all relevant parties and engage in immediate mitigation efforts, as I deem appropriate.
- I will strive at all times to promote high-quality and safe building materials, products and techniques.
- I will provide a timely and appropriate response to all items and workmanship covered under warranty.
- I will use generally-accepted accounting principles in relation to all of my financial transactions and reporting.
- I will not engage in any deceptive practice or any practice that creates an unfair advantage for my company or other party.
- I will compete fairly for projects and contracts, and have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client or with any party to the project or any transactions thereto.
- I will not accept any undisclosed commission, rebate, profit, or other benefit from any party to the project.
- I will not provide any undisclosed commission, rebate, profit, or other benefit to any party to the project, including for purposes of receiving referrals from any party connected to the project.
- I will respect my client’s right to confidentiality with regard to financial and other details whose disclosure to other parties is not required for the advancement and completion of the project without the client’s prior written consent, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- I will negotiate fairly and openly with my clients for reasonable compensation, and charge fees and expenses that are reasonable and commensurate with the services and materials to be provided and the responsibilities and risks to be assumed. I will use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services, and expenses and fees, and will adhere to both the letter and the spirit of such contract.
- I will meet all financial and contractual obligations in a timely and responsible manner.
- Should conflicts arise, I will seek to have such disputes negotiated, including mediation or arbitration via an impartial third party, before resorting to litigation.
- Duty to the Industry
- I will uphold the integrity and dignity of my profession and not engage in any practices that could bring discredit to the construction industry.
- I will seek to make a reasonable profit, but not at the expense of safety or workmanship.
- I will uphold the conventions of my profession and will provide my services in a professional and workmanlike manner.
- I will comply with all the laws and regulations that govern its practice in my jurisdiction.
- I will strive to engage in professional training and stay up to date with professional development, as well as news, notices and recalls that affect my industry and my clients.
- I will not knowingly violate any law, statute or regulation in the performance of my professional services.
- I will not maliciously or recklessly injure or attempt to injure, directly or indirectly, the professional reputation of others.
- I will engage in ethical business practices that put safety and quality foremost.
- I will seek to be a good steward of the environment in all of my business and contracting practices.